Skillet Chopped Steak For A Delicious, Yet Easy Recipe
Skillet Chopped Steak is a perfect choice for any fan of good old fashioned home style Salisbury steak. This recipe from Mr. Food is simple, healthy, and – after a little preparation – ready to eat in minutes. Even with the limited counter space of an RV kitchen, you can whip up healthy stove top recipes like this in no time. Prepare it with some creamy mashed potatoes and a side of veggies of your choice, and you’ve got an excellent satisfying meal for any night of the week.
Cook time: 10 minutes / Servings: 6
- 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, Italian flavored
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, any brand
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 lb of fresh sliced mushrooms
- Grab a large bowl and toss in the ground beef, bread crumbs, chopped onion, egg, pepper, and salt. Mix it all together, and then shape the mixture into six half-inch thick patties.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the patties in the skillet and cook for two to three minutes on each side. The meat should be nicely brown.
- Take a small bowl and combine the mushroom soup, mushrooms, and milk. Mix the ingredients well and pour the mixture over the patties in the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover it, and let it simmer for about eight to ten minutes. Make sure no pink color is left in the beef when it’s finished.
- Serve the patties, top them off with the mushroom sauce, and enjoy!
While the patties are simmering, consider filling the time by whipping together some instant mashed potatoes. You can throw in some grated cheese for some extra flavoring. Add some steamed veggies or a salad as a side dish, and you’re good to go!