Family Camping That You Will Enjoy
Spring is well underway! Birds are chirping. Flowers are blooming. Temperatures are slowly rising to invite our next season in. Summer is just around the corner. Kids will be out of school soon and before summer hits and you get too busy to think, start planning your summer vacation! Your kids are growing up so fast. Soon they will be out of the house! A family camping vacation can be the perfect way to slow things down and allow for true bonding. If you aren’t quite convinced yet, below are three reasons you should consider.
1. Camping is less expensive.
- Price can play an important part in planning a vacation. Many of the family vacation options out there charge per person. While this is all well and good when planning a group endeavor where everyone is covering for themselves, a family vacation usually falls on one person to pay for. Generally that person is the head of the household. Luckily, in a camping situation, the price is less and you are paying once for everyone. This leaves a little extra to enjoy awesome activities.
2. There are a variety of things to do.
- Rather than being stuck on a boat in the middle of nowhere, or wandering around a park trying to decide which line to stand in, you’ll be immersed in the great outdoors. With anything from kayaking to zip lining, there is no doubt that you will find the perfect fit for your family.
3. Experiences make better memories.
- Gilovich, Kumar, and Jampol wrote an article titled, “A wonderful life: experiential consumption and the pursuit of happiness.” They suggest that money is better spent on experiences rather than material items. A family vacation will give you and your children memories that you can look back on for years to come. That is an investment worth making.
Remember your camping experiences from childhood? Give your kids those same memories this summer!