Chicken Recipes. Simple, and Delicious.
Chicken is a tender, versatile meat we love to bake, stew, and fry. However, when it comes to cooking in an RV, the last thing you want is to start from scratch with a whole chicken or dip wings in a fryer. In these two simple and healthy stove top chicken recipes, we’ll show you how to make tasty dishes with minimal mess.
Cozy Chicken Curry
- 1 package chicken breasts (about 2.5 lbs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- (1) 14 oz. can coconut milk
- (1) 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried minced onions
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Wash chicken breasts, trim excess fat, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Saute chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Combine chicken and all other ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until chicken reaches desired tenderness. Serves 4.
Pathfinder Pan-fried Chicken
- 5 lbs mixed chicken pieces
- 3 cups flour (use corn flour for gluten-free recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tsp Tony Cachere’s seasoning
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Remove skin from chicken pieces.
- Combine flour and spices in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat eggs, add milk, and stir.
- Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture, then coat with flour and set aside on a plate.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil over medium heat in skillet (or enough to put about 1/4 inch of oil in the bottom). Once it’s hot, add breasts and thighs. Fry approximately 20 minutes, turning as needed so that all sides brown.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed. Fry wings and legs next. Cook for 10 – 12 minutes, turning as needed. Serves 4.
Also Check These Blogs
- Easy Stove Top Beef Recipes
- 3 Awesome Food Recipes For The Road
- 3 Great Stove Top Recipes For Your RV Adventure