This Mac N Cheese Is Delcious
Craving some mac n cheese with a twist? Even when you’re on the road in your RV, it’s easier than you think to make some healthy stove top recipes. You just need sausage, bell peppers, and marinara sauce. Everything for this recipe is cooked in one skillet and it’s easy to clean up afterwards. This dish is guaranteed to become a favorite – both at home and on your camping trips!
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Servings: 6
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 each of red and green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni (half a package)
- 2 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup half & half cream
- 1/3 cup of your favorite shredded cheese (or you can increase the amount to whatever you want)
- You’ll want to dice your peppers ahead of time so they’re ready when you need them, so go ahead and get that out of the way first and set them aside.
- Cook the pork sausage in a skillet over medium heat until the meat is brown. Drain away the leftover fat.
- Throw in your diced peppers, macaroni, marinara sauce, and water. Bring it all to a boil, then reduce to low heat. Cover and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes until the macaroni is tender. Don’t forget to stir it once in a while – you don’t want to burn the macaroni.
- Add the half & half cream, sprinkle everything with cheese, and mix it all together well. Turn off the heat, cover the skillet, and let it sit for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!